On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 11:59:37PM +0900, Hal E. Fulton wrote:
> > In the worst case a fine tuned skeleton could be produced that people
> > would be able to use as a guideline; in the best case a design pattern
> > could be isolated and then required at will, like observer.rb or
> > forwardable.rb.
> It's an interesting thought.
>
> It's not obvious to me that it can be done in the
> general case, but I'd love to be proved wrong.
>
> I had thought of using RubyRED as just such a
> proof-of-concept app. But I badly need to refactor
> it, as I've made some poor decisions in creating it.

That's ok.  Just pick the ideas up from RubyRED that you deem
relevant, we can then test/apply them on something started from
scratch.

About what kind of application can be chosen: let's pick one of the
three or four GUI application we use most often.  For example, I use a
music player, a spread sheet, and an instant messenger.  All of them
seem to fit within a MVC scheme, with the added characteristic in the
case of the instant messenger that output doesn't necessarily happen
three I'd pick up the messenger as the most representative.  And I
would rule out programs that rely on very specialized widgets such as
a 3D modeller.

Still brainstorming... :-)

Massimiliano