* Evan Martin (martine / cs.washington.edu) wrote:

> Daniel Bretoi wrote:
> >     I'm not sure anyone else has noticed this, but the vim
> >     indentation for ruby is frustrating. It keeps indenting two
> >     spaces instead of tab. Has anyone else experienced this?
>
> :set ts=2

Note the automatic indenting is set by shiftwidth, which is set to 2 in
the filetype plugin, so if you don't like the ts of 2, you'll need to
override it there, either by editing ftplugin/ruby.vim, or creating
~/.vim/ftplugin/ruby.vim yourself.

:help ftplugin

--
Thomas 'Freaky' Hurst  -  freaky / aagh.net  -  http://www.aagh.net/