----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel Bretoi" <lists / debonair.net>
To: "ruby-talk ML" <ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2002 12:57 PM
Subject: Re: vim indenteation for ruby

> found the culprit.
> /vim/vim61/ftplugin/ruby.vim
> had a line with
>
> " Set shift width to 2, the Ruby standard
> setlocal sw=2
>
> I didn't realize this was a ruby standard...  hm

There's obviously no real standard. That is
someone's tongue-in-cheek opinion, I assume.

Having said that, I concur with his choice...
the code in _The Ruby Way_ is written pretty
consistently in that manner.

Purely a matter of taste. I recall the humorous
post years ago that was supposed to be the
C source code for the universe. The poster,
who had swiped the code from God, commented
"Note that God uses four-space tabs." :)

Cheers,
Hal