On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 03:16:27AM +0900, Hal E. Fulton wrote:
> > > I've been experimenting with the "pluggable" UI concept.
> > > Since I don't understand MVC that much, I'm probably
> > > reinventing the wheel (or rediscovering fire). But it's
> > > an interesting concept to me.
> > Hal, i gots to know more. need to know about your plugable work. i've
> > done work on a couple such designs myself. what have you come up with so
> > far?
> Oh, nothing earth-shattering. I have a couple of apps I'm
> playing with, and putting all the user interface stuff
> into modules.

It seems that quite a few of us have been experimenting with interface
abstraction by using standard tools only.

I wonder if there is merit in the idea of joining minds and creating a
proof-of-concept application that uses the best of what we've learnt.

In the worst case a fine tuned skeleton could be produced that people
would be able to use as a guideline; in the best case a design pattern
could be isolated and then required at will, like observer.rb or
forwardable.rb.

Just a thought.

Massimiliano