On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 07:53:07PM +0900, Curt Sampson wrote:
> > I understand that Mojikyo will not be folded into unicode due to
> > political reasons.
>
> Not just political reasons, but practical reasons. Unicode is designed
> to work if you restrict yourself to using only 16-bit chars, and I
> expect most programs are going to limit themselves to that. So even if
> it were folded in to the extension space, most people wouldn't use it.
Unicode 3.1 is 32-bit wide. I do not see reason to exist projects like
Mojikyo when it is perfectly can be done in 32-bit Unicode. Also, Mojikyo
institute restrictions on Mojikyo fonts are somewhat useless if they
want to make their encoding system more widespread and usefull.
--
/ Alexander Bokovoy
---