All-

Here's a record formatting question for you:

Say I have a record like in this format...

nnnnn<tab>This is a sample sentence meant to demonstrate desired word wrapping to make the appearance of a virtual column from a single long string that doesn't have any hard returns.

... and I want to format it to look something like this:

nnnnn   This is a sample sentence meant to
        demonstrate desired word wrapping
        to make the appearance of a virtual
        column from a single long string
        that doesn't have any hard returns.

where:

- nnnnn is a 5 character string.
- <tab> is a tab character (to be replaced by three spaces).
- The first space after every 35 or so characters in the sentence (2nd field of the record) is replaced by a hard return plus eight spaces.
- The sample above is one of many records in a file, separated by a hard return.

Thanks again, friends!

-Kurt