Charles Hixson graced us by uttering:
> Jeff Putsch wrote:
> > VIM has the ability to have an embedded Ruby interpreter.
> >
> > See http://vim.sourceforge.net/
>
> I didn't see any reference there to using Ruby as a scripting
> language.  There was a script there for allowing vim to parse ruby and
> do intelligent highlighting, but that's not the same thing.

If you don't like using the search feature of the user manual on the
site (with which it took me 30 seconds to find the relevant user manual
page), here's a direct link:

http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/vim2html2.pl?page=if_ruby.txt

My custom build of vim also contains the embedded ruby scripting, with
which I've manage to tie it in to several external programs, not the
least of which is xmms.  ;)

Cheers,
Tim Hammerquist
--
If Microsoft built cars, the oil, gas, and alternator warning lights would
be replaced by a single "general car fault" warning light.