On Wednesday 31 July 2002 11:07 am, Jim Freeze wrote:
<snip>
> I have chosen the lowest common demoninator, ie, I use spaces
> instead of tabs and I use {} instead of do end. This lets
> me edit easily whether I use vi, vim, gvim, emacs,
> emacs+ruby extensions, etc, and have my code still look uniform
> in any editor,

This is fine if you do not expect to share your code with others who choose
not to use vim.  There are actually two common denominators: one for your own
ease and one for others.  Tabs allow others to view with their own
preferences.  Some use two spaces, some four, etc. for a tab.  Spaces force
others to use your preferences.