Paul E.C. Melis wrote:

> Almost perfect, except that after starting up (before doing any resizing
> myself) the size reported is 1x1 pixel. Any way to get the initial size?

If I add the lines I showed in my previous e-mail (i.e. catching the
SEL_CONFIGURE message from the FXCanvas widget) and then run
scribble.rb, it reports the correct initial size; it prints exactly one
message to the console ("New canvas size: 667 x 550 pixels"). I am
currently testing this under Linux and so I guess it's possible that the
behavior is inconsistent under Windows. Which OS are you running? If
you're running Linux too, could you maybe send me a copy of your program
to see if I can reproduce the results here?