>I just downloaded the ruby design by contract code, and I have a couple
    >of questions:
    >
    >Is the code being actively developed?

Sadly, no.  I whipped that up as an experiment a while ago,
and haven't had a chance to get back at it.

    >Can you have "model variables" using rubydbc, that is, variables that
    >are visible to the pre/post/invariant checker, but not in the program
    >itself?

No, but you could probably arrange to do that by clever use
of modules or something.

    >Are there example source codes that are available that illustrate how
    >rubydbc is used?

Should be included in the package you downloaded.

/\ndy

--
Andrew Hunt, The Pragmatic Programmers, LLC.
Innovative Object-Oriented Software Development and Mentoring for Agile Methods