> Has anybody ever thought of writing and editor that contains Ruby
> interpreter? Some sort of Emacs of the Ruby land?

> What do you think?

It's been thought of, a lot.  I've heard/read threads for years about
re-doing emacs using perl, scheme, a different lisp dialect, and a
host of other languages.  To my knowledge (which is admittedly
small), the efforts usually crash or stall while still in the
"wouldn't it be neat if..." stage when the inevitable question of
"how do you port _all that_ existing elisp code, and who wants to
organize that effort?!?" comes up.

There are smaller editors that have gone that route to a small degree.

=====
--
Use your computer to help find a cure for cancer: http://members.ud.com/projects/cancer/

Yahoo IM: michael_s_campbell