On Tuesday 30 July 2002 05:57 pm, MikkelFJ wrote:
> While I do envy the garbage collection of Java and C#, and possibly
> the libraries, I still consider C++ a much more powerfull language
> but also much more difficult and unnecessarily complex.

Of course, there's no reason why you couldn't use GC with C++; there
are some good libraries for this.

My feeling is that using C++ with GC and the STL (and C++ strings)
would result in considerably fewer C style bugs (stray pointers,
buffer overflows, multiple frees, etc.) and faster development.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com