Am 2002-07-31 06:15:08 +0900 schrieb Berger, Daniel:
> Well, it looks like Florian Frank went and released his own version of
> tail today.
>
> Coincidence?  Ich denke nicht.

This is funny: I don't know if it is a coincidence. I've released it
because someone (rubyhacker was his nick IIRC) asked on the openproject
IRC channel for an implementation of a File::Tail module similiar to the
perl module. I was AFK, so I couldn't immediately answer him and he left
the channel before I was back. If you are rubyhacker, than it's no
coincidence at all. If you aren't rubyhacker, it's coincidental.

I've searched for a File::Tail module when I tried to upgrade my old
ipchains logfile prettifier (written in perl) to iptables logfiles a
while ago, because I wanted to port it to ruby at this opportunity. I
found nothing and so I implemented my own module. Since then it was
lying around on my hard disk. I obviously was to lazy to bring it into a
releasable form for quite a long time. :)

> I'll try it out I guess.  No documentation....sigh.

I could try to document a little more in the best english I'm capable
of. That is, it will probably be quite awful. ;)

--
It is of course always best to be led by god, and have him personally whisper
into your ear. Only, when it is the devil talking he will tell you he is god,