Hi,

In message "Re: Ruby Language Q's"
    on 02/07/31, Dave Thomas <Dave / PragmaticProgrammer.com> writes:

|we could write interfaces like
|
|      drawWidget fred   x: 10   y: 20  color: red

Removing commas make programs look more like Smalltalk, but it will
make the language something but Ruby.

Dave, you have asked me once about the secret of Ruby's good design.
I answered then, I didn't know.  I didn't even know why others did not
come out with their languages just as good as Ruby.

I think I now understand the secret.  It's "style", and from what I've
learned recently, the "style" is the most difficult word in English,
probably in other human languages too.

							matz.