Hal E. Fulton:

> Offhand I'd say that it's different because each app
> takes advantage of its OS features. As I see it, COM
> is a Windoze thing, not an Apple thing; so even though
> you have Windows apps on a Mac, they will expose
> different kinds of interfaces because the OSes are
> different (and Micro$oft simply hasn't created COM for
> the Mac, which might well be difficult to impossible
> even if they wanted to). Is this assessment accurate?

   Microsoft implemented COM on MacOS and for a while even encouraged
developers to use it. I think they have given up on publicising it but its
likely its still used internally in Office and IE to allow code sharing with
Windows.

   Here is an historical link about COM/ActiveX MacOS. The referenced SDK
link is now dead.
http://www.mactech.com/articles/mactech/Vol.13/13.06/ActiveXControlsforMac/

   Neil