--WK3l2KTTmXPVedZ6

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 02:46:33AM +0900, Chris Gehlker wrote:

> I'm sort of a *nix newbie but thumbing through "Unix in a Nutshell" there
> don't appear to be *any* 'scripting languages' in the Visual
> Basic/JavaScript/AppleScript sense or for that matter any scriptable
> applications.[1] I don't doubt that this is related to the linear nature =
of
> many Unix apps that has been mentioned here before. But that raises the
> question of will there ever be scriptable Unix apps, and if the answer is
> yes, shouldn't there be a single Ruby syntax for addressing them.

Hmmm, as mentiod before on this list, vim is scriptable, exim is
scriptable, emacs is scriptable by definition :-), postgresql supports
different scripting languages, mozilla is scriptable, openoffice is
scriptable. *yawn*

-billy.

--=20
Meisterbohne       S=F6flinger Stra=DFe 100          Tel: +49-731-399 499-0
   eL=F6sungen       89077 Ulm                     Fax: +49-731-399 499-9

--WK3l2KTTmXPVedZ6