>>I can't get the Tk demo to work for the Ruby 1.4.5 windows distribution.
>>Issuing: ruby sample\tk\tkhello.rbw
>>results:
>>  LoadLibraryExA: c:/ruby/lib/tcltklib80.dll
>>  c:/ruby/lib/tcltklib.rb:5:in  'require': 1157: One of the library
>>files needed to run this application cannot be found.  -
>>c:/ruby/lib/tcltklib80.dll (LoadError)
>>  from c:/ruby/lib/tcltklib.rb:5
>>  from c:/ruby/lib/tk.rb:7:in 'require'
>>  from c:/ruby/lib/tk.rb:7
>>  from sample\tk\tkhello.rbw:1:in 'require'
>>  from sample\tk\tkhello.rbw:1

>>Fiddling with some found advice in this news group about setting
>>TCL_LIBRARY didn't help either as it was not stated what exactly the
>>settings for TCL_LIBRARY should be. I did change the tcltklib.rb file
>>as instructed by the distribution.

>>Is there somebody who can give me any pointers?
>>
>>Ruud

I got the same error message when running in WinNT4 with the standard
distirbution from the ruby homepage. I find a modified version in
"http://www.s-direktnet.de/homepages/neumann/rb_prgs/". You need to modify
the tcl verion number in tcltklib.rb in the ruby\lib directory and put the
tcl\bin directory into your path. You should be able to run the samples
afterward.

Steve