ts wrote:

> L> Does this already exist? if not what about adding a new Thread#name=
> L> and Thread#name instance methods in 1.7.x ?
>
>  Just use a thread local variable
>

> Guy Decoux

This is an option of course. But in my case I'm writing a graphical
debugger and I want to display the threads of the debugged application
with their names. By definition I have no control over the name of the
local variable used by the author of the program to assign a label to
the thread. Hence the idea of having an "official" way of naimng threads.

Laurent