Quick follow-up to the last message.  YAML4R 1/3 is out.  Changes from 0.30
are listed below in YAML format.

I've also had some users say they think YAML4R is an idiotic name and I can
see their point.  I've thought about changing the name to Rype.  "Ruby's
Yaml Parser and Emitter."  Any other ideas would be nice.  I don't want to
cause confusion with other projects like Rite that have similiar phonetics.

Cheers!

_why

--- #YAML:1.0 #TAB:NONE
- version: 0.33
  date: 2002-07-29
  changes:
    - Better String#to_yaml, uses the parser's implicit type checker now!
    - Headless documents now skipping the initial newline properly.
    - Turned off SortKeys by default; still turned on in the tests.

- version: 0.32
  date: 2002-07-28
  changes:
    - Opened up unquoted strings to more characters, is closer to spec now.
    - Round tripping started with YTS.
    - Problems with foreign characters fixed.  Thanks, Robert Wagner.
    - Problems with Array#to_yaml and Hash#to_yaml not giving a newline when nested.  Again, RW.
    - Bugs in positive timezones with Time#to_yaml fixed by Tobias Peters!

- version: 0.31
  date: 2002-07-27
  changes:
    - Fixed bug in multiline quoted strings.
    - Added YTS cases for odd newline and spaced block scalars.

--- >
For those who are curious about YAML, the above can be loaded into
YAML4R, if saved in a CHANGELOG file, like so:

  require 'YAML4R'
  clog = YAML4R::load( File.open( 'CHANGELOG' ) )

The 'clog' variable will now contain an Array of Hashes.  If you
look over the CHANGELOG, you'll see that it's basically a list
with the dash '-' representing the entries in the list.  The
contents of the entries are indented.  Each entry is a mapping,
represented by <key>:<value> pairs (such as 'version: 0.31').

Now try saving the CHANGELOG back out from Ruby!

  File.open( 'CHANGELOG.2' ).write( clog.to_yaml )

That's YAML: simple, readable plain-text data structures!