Holden Glova (dsafari / paradise.net.nz) wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Has anyone else tried the YAML4R library? I seem to get 3 failures when
> > running the tests/basic.rb. I'm not sure if it is because i have test::unit
> > and do not have RUnit which seems to be what these tests where made for.

Holden:

Hey, thanks for pickin up the library.  It's a minefield right now, as it's
in such heavy daily development.  I'm just about to release 0.33, which has
a bunch of fixes to whitespace and newline edge cases.  Also, thanks to
Tobias Peters' report, round tripping should work a lot better.  Robert Wagner
also clued me in on problems with foreign characters and headless documents
in the emitter.  I'm getting closer everyday, though.

> > The list of failures is quite a lot of text so I won't post it here unless
> > no one else has experienced the same problem.
>
> Hmm, nope version 0.30 seems worse, I now get 13 tests failing in
> tests/basic.rb. I must be doing something wrong - any pointers would be
> greatly appreciated.

Please know that these releases are constantly changing (as the specification
is always changing as well), so I can't guarantee that all of the tests are
going to pass for you.  13 test failures on 0.30 seems wrong, though.

One suggestion is to try:

  ./install.rb --force

This recompiles the Racc grammar and installs a fresh yaml4r.rb.  If this
doesn't work, please send me the test failures and I'll gladly see if I
can get to the bottom of it.

You know how it works: everything looks awesome when I run it all for
release.  I think I've got my bases covered and then.. *keput!*

Be strong,

_why