Hi,

Has there been any conclusion to this problem yet?  I am experiencing
exactly the same problem, i.e., before the garbage collector comes
into action, my code is fine, but after the garbage collector works (I
do a printf when the mark function is called), then I get a
segmentation fault.  I am using Ruby 1.6.7 on Mandrake Linux with
kernel 2.4.8-26mdk.

The strange thing is that the segmentation fault still occurs even
after I modify the mark function to do nothing (immediately returns
void).  Just for testing, is there a way to disable the garbage
collector?  Thanks.

Regards,

Bill