I can't get the Tk demo to work for the Ruby 1.4.5 windows distribution.
Issuing: ruby sample\tk\tkhello.rbw
results:
  LoadLibraryExA: c:/ruby/lib/tcltklib80.dll
  c:/ruby/lib/tcltklib.rb:5:in  'require': 1157: One of the library
files needed to run this application cannot be found.  -
c:/ruby/lib/tcltklib80.dll (LoadError)
  from c:/ruby/lib/tcltklib.rb:5
  from c:/ruby/lib/tk.rb:7:in 'require'
  from c:/ruby/lib/tk.rb:7
  from sample\tk\tkhello.rbw:1:in 'require'
  from sample\tk\tkhello.rbw:1

Fiddling with some found advice in this news group about setting
TCL_LIBRARY didn't help either as it was not stated what exactly the
settings for TCL_LIBRARY should be. I did change the tcltklib.rb file
as instructed by the distribution.

Is there somebody who can give me any pointers?

Ruud

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.