Clemens Hintze wrote:

> Reading this I assume you want to wrap a C++ library to be used as an
> extension in Ruby, isn't it?

Yes, that's it.

> If yes, you could follow Yasushi Shoji's advice to try out
> swigruby. To use this you have to install SWIG as well. It will wrap
> your library for you. But be warned: SWIG has some ugly restrictions
> that may not permit you to wrap your code (I am not sure for QT,
> however). Furthermore the code that is generated is not optimal all
> the time. But OTOH, it is easy to use and its result is often very
> useable.

Hm, I suspect that I lost some mail over the past few days -- my mail
server was down. I should check the archives. I notice that there is a
Ruby/QT created using swigruby. Old QT version though, I may try swig on
QT 2.2.

> [snip excellent mini-tutorial]

Thanks so much for your detailed response. This is exactly what I was
looking for. :) Maybe the information about SWIG/swigruby and your
mini-tutorial should go into the FAQ?

Thanks again,
Jon

  Jonathan Aseltine     aseltine / cs.umass.edu     MAS, Umass, Amherst