>Looks like a question for Masatoshi Seki. If you don't get an
>answer here you may wish to post at the low volume DRB list:

Thanks for the pointer.  I'll follow it up there too.
But good to know that you've been able to run drb under multiple OSes.

I tested it a bit more and oddly enough the problem seems to be one
way.

        Solaris 2.8     AIX 4.3.3.0
           serv             clnt           - fine
           clnt             serv           - error

Unfortunately, the way I need it is the configuration having an error.

Following is the vanilla test code and error mesg.

I'll also follow up on the drb list.

Thanks,
Raja

# serv.rb

require 'drb'

class Server
  def run
    puts "running on #{DRb.uri}"
    return "testing ..."

serv = Server.new
DRb.start_service( nil, serv )
puts DRb.uri
DRb.thread.join

# clnt.rb

require 'drb'
DRb.start_service()
obj = DRbObject.new(nil, ARGV[0])
puts obj.run

(druby://<aix-server-host>:50764)
/N/u/raja/SP/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.6/drb/drb.rb:23:in `_id2ref': failed to
convert DRb::DRbObject into Integer (TypeError)