On Wed, 2002-07-24 at 17:48, Lyle Johnson wrote:
>      myButton = FXButton.new(parent, "Click Me!")
>      myButton.connect(SEL_COMMAND) { puts "Call me Ishmael" }

thanks, that worked! this not at all how the examples i've seen do it,
but this is much better, much more intuitive. thanks Ishmael! ;-)

strange though:

  class RadioBox_Fox < RadioBox
    attr_reader :engine_widget
    def initialize(engine, attributes={})
      super
      @engine_widget = FXGroupBox.new(@engine.false_parent, '',
        LAYOUT_SIDE_TOP|FRAME_GROOVE|LAYOUT_FILL_X, 0, 0, 0, 0)
      items.each do |item|
        fxrb = FXRadioButton.new(@engine_widget, item, nil, 0,
          JUSTIFY_LEFT|JUSTIFY_TOP|ICON_BEFORE_TEXT|LAYOUT_SIDE_TOP)
        fxrb.connect(SEL_COMMAND) {
          if fxrb.getCheck
            @value = fxrb.to_s
            self.value=fxrb.to_s  # why do i have to use self here?
            event_change          # i don't here!
          end
        }
  end  # RadioBox

why do i need to use self to get to the class' (actually the instance of
the class') #value= method?

also notice i had to set @value explicity. that's b/c #value= is
dynamically defined with class_eval { define_method(...) } in which i
haven't yet figured out to use #super so it is in the context of the
class and not the object the class_eval is called from.

thanks again,

~transami