On Tuesday 23 July 2002 10:25 pm, Tom Sawyer wrote:
> let me paint a picture:
>
> you have this super application you wrote --the underbelly of an
> factastic hoogy-me-whatsy-do-it-all app and now you have to figure out
> how to put a front-end on her.

I have never written such a program, that is, an "application" that I decided,
after the fact, that I need a GUI for.  The nearest to that, that I can
remember, is the mainframe batch programs I wrote in the '60s and '70s. User
interface was limited to printing reports and keypunching input data.

I cannot imagine a GUI app where the GUI is an "addon".  All of my GUI apps
were GUI-centric.  I design the GUI first.  Most often my GUI apps are
nothing but widgets with callbacks:  existing data is presented to the user
and then the user drives the process.

What drives your application? data, user events, realtime events, what?

<snip>
> as for plain old Model-View-Controller, honestly, i have no idea what
> that even means.

Ah hah!  I think I know what the problem is now.

<snip>