On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 01:49:40AM +0900, Chris Gehlker wrote:
> On 7/22/02 8:08 AM, "Jim Freeze" <jfreeze / freebsdportal.com> wrote:
>
> > I took the drastic route, but I also changed my shell (I can't remember
> > why I did this) from bash back to tcsh. All works now. I think the
> > problem had something to do with me using bash and possibly not sourcing
> > the fink /sw/.cshrc (or whatever it is) file.
>
> I'm sorry you had to loose all that work.
>
> Ever since I discovered 'smart completion' in tcsh, enabled by adding
> set complete = enhance

Hmm, I haven't tried complete = enhance. What functionality does it provide over
set autolist
set autocorrect
set autoexpand

Also, what does tcsh completion do that bash completion doesn't do?
My complaint with tcsh is the vi binding. When I search for something
with the esc / <text>, it comes up empty and I have to follow that
with a shift N. In bash, I get a match without extra keystrokes and
'n' gives me reverse searching. Is there a way to change this in tcsh?

Jim

--
Jim Freeze
If only I had something clever to say for my comment...