On 7/22/02 8:08 AM, "Jim Freeze" <jfreeze / freebsdportal.com> wrote:

> I took the drastic route, but I also changed my shell (I can't remember
> why I did this) from bash back to tcsh. All works now. I think the
> problem had something to do with me using bash and possibly not sourcing
> the fink /sw/.cshrc (or whatever it is) file.

I'm sorry you had to loose all that work.

Ever since I discovered 'smart completion' in tcsh, enabled by adding
set complete = enhance
To your .tcshrc file, bash has felt brain damaged to me. I hear that for
folks who really like bash, zsh is very similar but allows you to turn on
the interactive goodness of tcsh.
--
Every society honors its live conformists and its dead troublemakers.
-Mignon McLaughlin, author