On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 11:34:04PM +0900, Chris Gehlker wrote:
> On 7/21/02 10:21 PM, "Jim Freeze" <jfreeze / freebsdportal.com> wrote:
>
> > Hmm, re-installing fink seems kind of drastic. I just upgraded it yesterday
> > and got the CVS sources. Plus, I installed tetex today which took
> > about 5 hours and that worked fine.
> >
> > There must be some way to break this problem down to find the cause.
> >
> > Jim
>
> It sure is drastic if an install takes 5 hours. Sometimes I forget that not
> everyone has a fast connection.

Actually I have a fast connection, tetex is just a monstor to build.

> Is Ruby itself running again?

I took the drastic route, but I also changed my shell (I can't remember
why I did this) from bash back to tcsh. All works now. I think the
problem had something to do with me using bash and possibly not sourcing
the fink /sw/.cshrc (or whatever it is) file.

Thanks much for your help.

--
Jim Freeze
If only I had something clever to say for my comment...