On 7/21/02 10:21 PM, "Jim Freeze" <jfreeze / freebsdportal.com> wrote:

> Hmm, re-installing fink seems kind of drastic. I just upgraded it yesterday
> and got the CVS sources. Plus, I installed tetex today which took
> about 5 hours and that worked fine.
>
> There must be some way to break this problem down to find the cause.
>
> Jim

It sure is drastic if an install takes 5 hours. Sometimes I forget that not
everyone has a fast connection.

Is Ruby itself running again?

I kinda stuck if it isn't. You could always try removing it with dselect a
reinstalling just Ruby.

If Ruby is running, then compare the results of:

% ruby -e 'puts $:.join("\n")' with wherever locate says that readline is.
If the location of readline is being missed, you can easily fix that with a
setenv RUBYLIB statement in your .tcshrc file. This is kind of a hack though
and it will break at higher safe levels.
--
When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President. Now I'm
beginning to believe it. -Clarence Darrow, lawyer and author (1857-1938)