On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 01:37:32PM +0900, Chris Gehlker wrote:
> On 7/21/02 8:00 PM, "Chris Gehlker" <gehlker / fastq.com> wrote:
>
> Ok, here is what I did and what I found:
>
> I erased ruby from /usr/local and re-installed it with Fink. Then I tried
> irb and it worked fine. That probably was not what you wanted to hear, Jim.
>
> I did pick up a potential clue, though. Fink told me that there were
> unsatisfied dependencies and took it's suggestion for how to resolve them.
> It installed not only readline but readline.shlibs. Maybe it missed that on
> your install somehow.
>
> Sorry I can't provide more help. I hate it when I get "It works for me" type
> posts but I think you might be best served just to sudo rm -rf your /sw
> hierarchy and either install ruby in /usr/local/... from the tarball or
> re-install Fink.

Hmm, re-installing fink seems kind of drastic. I just upgraded it yesterday
and got the CVS sources. Plus, I installed tetex today which took
about 5 hours and that worked fine.

There must be some way to break this problem down to find the cause.

Jim

--
Jim Freeze
If only I had something clever to say for my comment...