I'm sorry, Tom, but I don't see a really new direction in your comments.  It
appears that you have simply repackaged/renamed the current solutions to
writing a GUI program.  Perhaps I am just slow-witted or perhaps my opinion
is premature and I should wait on more details.   Let me specify the sources
of my confusion:
1)  GUI design is more of an art form than a technology.  I don't believe that
good design of a user interface can be automated.
2)  How is replacing a GUI specification with a template an improvement?  The
same design decisions that go into a GUI specification will have to go into
template design.
3)  It seems that you are unhappy with the concept of a mainloop and
callbacks.  Yet, the whole purpose of a GUI is not to just display data but
to monitor the user's actions and carry out his intent.  The user's
keyboard/mouse actions are an event that triggers a cascade of internal
events.  How would you handle this?

What am I missing?