Hello --

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002, Bob X wrote:

> Rich Kilmer wrote:
> > Because the package name represents a file name which could have spaces,
> > etc.
> >
> > Assuming:
> >
> > "my cool ruby library.rb"
> >
> > you would have:
> >
> > require 'my cool ruby library'
> >
> > So this would be problematic:
> >
> > require my cool ruby library
> >
> > -rich
>
> Er...well Python and Perl (and I think Tcl) do not seem to have this worry?

File and/or module-loading works differently in different languages,
so it's hard to compare point for point; but I don't think there's any
where you can use an unquoted filename that has a space in it.

  $ echo 1 > Some\ File.pm
  $ perl -e 'require "Some File.pm"'   # OK
  $ perl -e 'require Some File.pm'     # Perl isn't *this* magic :-)
  syntax error at -e line 1, near "require Some File"

David

--
David Alan Black
home: dblack / candle.superlink.net