Hi,

I tried to install Ruby with Ruby/Tk today. The problem is, that the tcltklib has not been built by make. Tcl and Tk are installed and working (I don't have any problems with Tk in Tcl).
If I try to start a simple Ruby program with Tk instructions I get the following:
/usr/local/lib/ruby/1.6/tk.rb:7_in 'require': No such file to load -- tcltklib (LoadError)
	from /usr/local/lib/1.6/tk.rb:7
	from tk.ruby:1:in 'require'
	from tk.ruby:1

After I wanted to compile Ruby one more time with Tk I noticed that it does not do anything to build tcltklib (but compiles ext/tk). So I checked (started it myself) the extconf.rb in the ext/tcltklib directory and noticed that it breaks after checking for tk.h (checking for tk.h ... no). The interesting thing is that it finds the tcl.h but tk.h and tcl.h are existing and 'whereis' finds them without problems:

whereis tk.h
tk: /usr/lib/tk8.3 /usr/include/tk.h ...

whereis tcl.h
tcl: /usr/lib/tcl8.3 /usr/include/tcl.h ...

I'm using Mandrake 8.2 and also tried the rpm's , but in the rpm's it's not to be included ...
Anyone had this problem or/and knows a solution?

Bye
  Boris S.

P.S.: Ruby rocks! ;)