--- Kurt Euler <keuler / portal.com> wrote:
> All-
>
> Is there a way to name a variable partly after the value of some
> other variable:
>
> I tried to do something like this:
>
> 	greeting_no = "2"
> 	sp#{greeting_no}_greeting = 'Hello'
>
> ...with the idea of making 2nd line equivalent to writing:
>
> 	sp2_greeting = "Hello"
>
> ...but this didn't work.

There's always eval, but... I have to ask; why do [you think] you
need this?  I ask my question only semi rhetorically, because
whenever I thought I needed something like that, I typically found
that I was thinking about the problem wrong.  In other words, a
design smell that led to a code smell.

You might also consider an array, and index by "greeting_no".

=====
--
Use your computer to help find a cure for cancer: http://members.ud.com/projects/cancer/

Yahoo IM: michael_s_campbell