On Thu, 18 Jul 2002, David Alan Black wrote:

> Hi --
>
> On Thu, 18 Jul 2002, Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng wrote:
>
> > Hmmm. I always get tangled with these.  Bracketing things doesn't help

> You could make a virtue of necessity and decide that lines like this
> should start with ! to draw attention to themselves:
>
>   error_msg = "error"
>   error = true
>   ! puts error_msg and exit 1 if error
        [...]

Interesting...  Only I'd be bound to do this for something that
*doesn't* return nil, and get completely confused debugging it! :-)

I think I prefer multiple lines, and use folding in the editor to tidy
it away.

I suppose this is more to do with how one uses a program to communicate
with others who read it, rather than with the computer. Interesting
thread from such a simple question.

> David
>
> --
> David Alan Black