Thanks Massimiliano,

your solution may do the trick. i'll check it out.

but sadly i must report my efforts are not going as well as i would have
hoped. Tk is a rather sad excuse for a gui toolkit, it seems. i would
rather blame myself, but after hours of trying to make a grided frame
expand to fill a resized window with out success, i am left feeling like
it's just not worth it. but all is not lost, i will return to it after a
while and try again.

~transami

--
~transami