In article <200207180658.12096.harryo / zip.com.au>, Harry Ohlsen wrote:
>[Jeremy Henty wrote:]
>> Much as I love Ruby over Perl, this is one feature of Perl that I
>> thought was great and I wish Ruby copied it.  It makes it easier
>> eg. to swap arguments around if you realise the order is wrong.
>
> Nah.  Maybe I'm a masochist, but I reckon if you do something stupid, it
> should be HARD to fix, so you remember and don't do it next time ... or at
> least the time after that :-).

Well, I'm something of a perfectionist, so I don't *need* the language
to punish me for stupidity.  I do that perfectly well myself.  :-)
More seriously, not all mistakes are stupid.  Something that makes it
hard for me to correct my mistake is stopping me from going on to
making the next mistake and learning even more.

Regards,

Jeremy