Brad Cox <bcox / virtualschool.edu> wrote

> Didn't mention keywords because that's really the best tool for this
> job, but  unsupported in ruby. When that's fixed I'll withdraw my
> objection.

Ruby with Objective-C's message syntax?  Now that's something I could
really get behind... we could change the block syntax from {} to []
while we're at it, get rid of control structures in favor of methods
like ifTrue:ifFalse:, build a class browser or two, and we'd have a
great little language ;-)

Seriously, though, I'm curious - how did you end up at Ruby instead
of, say, Squeak?  Clearly not for syntax reasons.  I enjoy developing
in Ruby, Smalltalk, and Objective-C about equally (they all share the
One True Object Model, after all), but I sure do miss keyword
selectors in Ruby...

Cheers,
Avi