I've been running Ruby-mswin32 developing an SWin app on
binaries I got from <www.dm4lab.to/~usa/ruby/index_en.html>
(RubyWin 0.0.4.0, Ruby 1.6.7, VRSwin 020629).

However, it seems that the reason things are working for me
is the history I went through before getting those binaries.

In looking at what that history was, I have a 6.42 Mb file
(I may have renamed) called "Ruby1.6.6windowsFullInstall.exe"
that I installed first.

Instructions at <www.dm4lab.to/~usa/ruby/index_en.html>
say only "extract it to your favorite directory ... add
$TOPDIR\bin to PATH environment variable".  I've tried that
on a fresh machine (and yes, I have MSVCP70.DLL et al),
and it doesn't work.

Can someone say what the minimum alternative is to my
"Ruby1.6.6windowsFullInstall.exe" that I seem to have
lucked into, and where to get it?

Thanks,
- Lenny Gray -