Still, its a shame ruby adopts the same shortcoming as java.

Its not a language's business to prevent users from writing "smelly" code.

Long argument lists are common in data initialization contexts, and
misplaced commas a extremely common problem, that's actively
manufactured by this rule.

	@@instance = SomeClass.new(
		"127.0.0.1",
		8083,
		"hostname.com",
		blah,
		blah,
		whoops,
	);

--
Brad Cox, PhD; bcox / virtualschool.edu 703 361 4751
o For industrial age goods there were checks and credit cards.