"Massimiliano Mirra" <list / chromatic-harp.com> wrote in message
news:20020716231901.D216 / sphere.libero.it...
> On Sat, Jul 13, 2002 at 06:58:50AM +0900, John wrote:
> > My thought was that you could have aliases for methods as well as having
> > shorter versions:
> >
> > [ls|dir|directory]
>
> Pass input handling like this over to libreadline.  You'll have
> almost what you want at the expense of pressing a key (tab),
> in a way that users are probably much more used to, and
> ambiguities will be taken care of automatically.  Plus you'll
> have command history, which surely does not hurt. :-)
>
> If you are interested in providing command line interfaces
> for your applications, have a look at my `cliff' module and
> `ecalc' example program in the rpkg repository
> (http://www.allruby.com/rpkg).  If you don't want to install
> rpkg, just tell me and I'll make a .tar.gz for cliff.
>
> Massimiliano

I have never heard of libreadline before. I did a quick search and was
inundated with hits.  Where is the place to get libreadline for Ruby?  I saw
something related to debian, but I have Windoze.

I will also take a look at your cliff module.

Thanks

John.