ritchie wrote:
> Dan Debertin <airboss / nodewarrior.org> wrote in message news:<15667.20804.862584.245365 / senator.nodewarrior.org>...
> if I have test.py
>
> x=1
>
> I can then do
>
> import test
> test.x
>
> amd it'll give me 1.
>
> What's the simplest way of doing that in Ruby. Do all imports need to
> be in modules before they're picked up?

I've wished for this from time to time. It would be nice for #load to
return the last value in the loaded file, much like eval does:

   eval "1;2;3"    # ==> 3

As it stands, the return value of #load is always 'true'--not very a
useful use of that channel. Using gloabls to work around it is annoying.
Is there a better way or should we RCR?