On 2002.07.17, Tom Sawyer <transami / transami.net> wrote:

> i still wonder if a ruby callback of some sort could pull it off. is
> there a way to callback on method invocations?

What you're looking to implement is the Controller portion of the
Model-View-Controller pattern.

In Tcl/Tk, they simplified this by putting the Controller in the
View using the -textvariable argument to denote the Model that the
View should use.

When Tk was implemented for Ruby, I guess making this work wasn't
as straightforward?  So, you'll have to implement the Controller
seperately, I guess.

-- Dossy