Dave Thomas wrote:
> Giuseppe Bilotta <oblomov / freemail.it> writes:
>
> > > So, What would it take to bring our current Ruby for Windows package up to
> > > the level of what ActiveState is providing for Perl or Python on Windows?
> > >

> > Easy installation which works "out of the box", system integration
> > (with nice icons! ;>), nice HTML documentation.
>
> Could you elaborate some more, so we can work on these features. In
> the current installer, what would need to be done to make it work out
> of the box?

Hey hey hey wait a second. Installer? Which installer? Oops! I didn't
know about any such thing! Where can I get it?

> We also distribute Programming Ruby in the installation as
> a .chm file: would straight html be better?

IMO yes. HTML works everywhere, even on older systems (Win95 anyone?)
which have no support for .chm help files. Also, one can use its
favourite browser, not necessarily IE (do you know how many people
are trying to ditch IE and can't because of this?)

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

Axiom I of the Giuseppe Bilotta
theory of IT: