Avi Bryant wrote:
> "Berger, Daniel" <djberge / qwest.com> wrote in message news:<7DC1217518FCD311A08A0050DA78574003C6B536 / iamspems04.interprise.com>...
>
> > Right now?  None that I'm aware of.  This is why I'd like to see ActiveState
> > Ruby - it promotes the language by getting PHB's to use it.
> >
> > /me thinks of writing up a proposal to ActiveState.  What's Vancouver like,
> > anyway. :)
>
> Vancouver's great - could stand to be a tad more cosmopolitan if
> you're used to, say, New York or Chicago, but it's hard to beat the
> combination of city, sea, and mountains.  And the ActiveState offices
> are lovely.
>
> Last time I talked to them, they seemed skeptical about the commercial
> viability of supporting Ruby, but things have picked up speed since
> then and perhaps they're reevaluating by now...

That would be a Good Thing. I love to have consistent packages, and
since I already have ActivePerl, ActivePython and ActiveTcl,
ActiveRuby is what I'm missing (esp. considering that I'm not able to
get the -mswin32 and -mingw32 builds to work ...)

Next, considering that we have wxPython, an alpha wxPerl, what we
still miss is a wxTcl and a wxRuby. Goodie.

/me drools

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

Axiom I of the Giuseppe Bilotta