I thought we might be talking about Ruby GC more, so I started new thread.

Loiterers in Ruby stdlib?

What does our experienced Japanese team say, do there exist loiterers in
Ruby's standard lib? A lot? Something one should be careful when dealing
with?

If term loiterer is new to you, you can visit and read this slideshow:
http://www.klgroup.com/jprobe/javaonepres/sld011.html
Start from the beginning for full coverage.

For Dave: could, or should, there be some automatic testing for these
aspects of GCing. Maybe that should be part of the stress test.

And what you said in earlier mail of pooled GCs, you basically explained the
class of generational GCs :).

	- Aleksi