Guy suggest to my code:
> A>       @timely_gc = Thread.start do
> A>         loop do
> A>           sleep seconds
>
>  perhaps I'm wrong but you need to enable the GC before a
> call to rb_gc()
>
> A>           GC.start
> A>           GC.disable
> A>         end
> A>       end
> A>     end
> A>   end

Perhaps you're not wrong, and that's the reason for core dump. I was lead
here by the understanding coming from Dave&Andy's website:

start
                 GC.start -> nil
                 Initiates garbage collection, even if manually disabled.

So I thought I don't have to enable it. I thought GC.start was more or less
like run-once, or
run-now-if-you-think-it's-necessary-and-after-that-when-ever-needed.

I decided to put the GC.disable in case it's the latter. I have to confess I
didn't check from the sources. I might try to read them later, as well as
try the timely_gc with the GC.enable.

	- Aleksi