hey, dave

well, this is what i'm looking out now. one of the bottle necks is in a
library i wrote (miter). it take an ascii pictroal representation of
tables/forms and renders them into html. a small example:

example_table
+--------------+
| [inputbox]   |
+--------------+

this would render as one might expect: a form with a table with <input
type=text name=inputbox>. its a bit more sophistacted then this, but you
get the idea. its pretty slick and has made it a snap for me to create
forms, but in needs a big speed boost. so there's that.

but the thing that really gets me is the lack of dynamic behavior. for
example right now i'm working on getting a page to stay in the same
position from one refresh to the next. i have a form with a long list of
input rows. when the user hits the "Add Item" button, the form is
submitted, the item is added to the bottom of the list, but the page
goes all the way back to the top. that'll drive my users nuts! i'm
forced to use javascript for this stuff, which i'm not happy about. at
one time i actually had javascript dynamically adding item rows (talk
about your jerry-rigs) but i finally ditched it because the smallest
changes in my app would cause it to break. too much maintenance --not to
mention it didn't work cross-browser. what a pain.

anyway that's the scoop. i would be happy to shell out a little green
for a capable helping hand in these areas.

~transami

--
~transami

	-- Benjamin Franklin