On Thu, 2002-07-11 at 04:55, David Alan Black wrote:
> I like each_with_nindex too... but show me an example of this comma
> problem that isn't better solved with #join and I'll put the price of
> a beer in your Paypal account :-)

what i used to do:
q = ''
arr.each do |x|
  q << 'junk' << x << 'morejunk' << ','
end
q.chomp!(',')

what i now do:
q = ''
arr.each_with_nindex do |x, n|
  q << 'junk' << x << 'morejunk'
  q << ',' if n != -1
end

how do you do it with join?

note: how i used to do it is probably a tad faster actually

~transami

--
~transami

	-- Benjamin Franklin